Monday, February 20, 2012

How to do Induction Phase

I have seen several posts on the web about how to do the Atkins Induction Phase.  It can be a little bit confusing but, if your confused here is how you do it according to the Atkins Diet. It's not really hard at all, but you have to limit your carb intake to just 20 Grams of Net Carbs a day for at least 2 weeks (I chose to say on it, and I have been on it since two weeks before Thanksgiving and have lost 58 pounds so far).  And if you don't know what net carbs are, they are the only carbs that have a direct impact on your blood sugar.You just eat to satisfy your hunger with hi protein and good fats.  Yes I said fats!  You can have up to 3 cups of salad greens a day or two cups of salad and a cup of non starcy veggies.  As for me, I love to take summer Squash and slice them long ways and then spray olive oil on them with salt, pepper, and maybe some garlic.  I then sprinkle some parmesean cheese over it and throw the squash right on the grill besides my meat.  You know, I hear some people complain about Atkins/low carb diets being so costly.  You can choose cheaper meats and still stay on the diet.  You gotta eat! So why not eat good?  I love the Atkin's Diet. And remember, you must go through all the phases of the Atkins to have a higher success rate of keeping off that excess weight you lose.  Beleive me, take it from someone who lost over a hundred pounds not once, but twice, then went back to eating the way I did before Atkins!!!!  I gained it all back and then some.  Do yourself a favor and go through the phases explained in the Atkin's Book, it is after all a really good way to lose weight.   For further info you can go to the Atkins website for more info.  Good morning and hope you have a great low carb day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment